CKBR, CKD, CAPS
ABOUT PATRICIA NUNAN
Patricia Nunan, CKBR, CKD, CAPS, is a trained artist and a certified kitchen and bath remodeler and designer with over 20 years experience in the construction and design industry. Patricia has created many award-winning kitchens and baths designs for her clients. She listens to their needs, wishes, and dreams, and then translates them into real concepts.
AGE-IN-PLACE & UNIVERSAL DESIGN SPECIALIST
Since 2001, Patricia has worked as a Certified Age-in-Place Specialist and is the region’s foremost authority on Universal and Age-in-Place design. Trained specifically to understand the unique needs of older people and people with disabilities, Patricia is a leading expert in home design and renovation that focuses on helping people of all ages and physical abilities – allowing them to live independently in their own homes – for as long as they choose.
- Chapter Rep NKBA
- Certified Kitchen & Bath Remodeler (NARI)
- Certified Kitchen Designer (NKBA)
- Certified Age-In-Place Specialist (CAPS) National Association of Home Builders (NAHB)
- Former Accessibility Inspector & Plans Examiner, International Code Council (ICC)
- Past President of the BucksMont chapter of the National Association of the Remodeling Industries (NARI)
- Past President Mid Atlantic chapter of the National Kitchen & Bath Association (NKBA)
- Founding board member of the Lehigh Valley Age in Place Coalition
- Founding member and continuing contributor of the Women Owned Business Certificate Series at Montgomery County Community College (MCCC)
- MCCC Alumni Hall of Fame
- MCCC Distinguished 50
- Advisor to the Lehigh Carbon Technical Institute where the first Universal Design home in the country was designed & built by high school students
- Participant in the National Association of Home Builders-Research Center certification program
- Provider of training modules used in the Certified Age in Place Specialist (CAPS) training program nationwide
- Past chair of the Montgomery County Community College Board of Directors, Alumni Association.
- Committee member, New Hanover Township Open Space Committee
“I really like the challenge of making things fit together,” says Patricia. “I loved putting puzzles together as a kid and I still do it, it’s just that the pieces are bigger now. I have been in or around the business my whole life. My grandfather was a construction supervisor and something was always under construction as I was growing up. I can relate to the customer who has trepidations about taking on a remodeling project. I have been living in the same house for 37 years and added three additions and remodeled the kitchen twice. I’ve lived in the mess of construction. I remodeled my kitchen when my daughter was just a year old – and I’ll do it again. Life changes. Now I want to make my kitchen and other areas of my home ready for the next adventures of my family’s life. I want to be able to make the choice to age in my home if I choose to do so.”